Ovulation Calculator: Know When Is The Best Time To Conceive
Each woman has a different menstrual cycle, which means that we will ovulate at a different time in our menstrual cycle. Ovulation is the phase during which the ovary releases a mature egg, which, if fertilized, will result in pregnancy. So, if you are planning your pregnancy, you must know when is the best time to have sex with your partner to maximize your chances of knowing your ovulation dates for the best time to get pregnant calculator.
How To Calculate Fertile Days
For your fertile days calculator, all you need to know are
- -Your last period dates
- -The average length of your menstrual cycle
- -Predicted date of your next menstrual cycle
Your fertility calculator is now simple mathematics. Back calculate ½ x the average length of your menstrual cycle. The date is your ovulation date, but your fertile window starts five days before your ovulation date. So, the last 3 days of your ovulation cycle are the best time to conceive as fertility is at its peak.
Signs You Might Be Ovulating
The best way to know if you are ovulating or not is either an ultrasound scan or the popular ovulation kits that are available over the counter on any medical store as the ovulation date calculator. But your body will also give you some signals to know that you are ovulating(1).
- -Your basal temperature will rise a bit
- -Your breasts will feel tender
- -You will feel a bit bloated
- -The cervical mucus or vaginal discharge will be in the texture of egg whites
- -You will experience changes in appetite and mood
- -You might experience slight pain or cramps on the sides
- -Your sex drive will be high
Tips To Get Pregnant
Getting pregnant is not just about the ovulation period calculator and having sex at the right time. Many other factors affect and determine your chances of getting pregnant. Keep the following tips in mind –
- Stress – Taking stress or being anxious about getting pregnant will not help you. In fact, stress can reduce your chances of conceiving. So, relax and keep trying.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – Medical conditions such as PCOS, diabetes etc., can interfere with your hormones and reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Even with the ovulation calculator and perfect timing, your chances of conceiving might be less. So, work on these conditions and bring them under control before you start trying to get pregnant.
- Weight – A healthy weight is also essential to be able to conceive.
- Know your ovulation date – Well, this is what this article is all about. Use an ovulation calculator or get a test kit to know when you are ovulating.
- Have sex often – Start from 3 days before the ovulation date and continue till the date. This will increase your chances of conception.
How Does Your Menstrual Cycle Work
The menstrual cycle refers to the whole process that starts from the 1st day of your period and continues up to the first day of your next period. During the menstrual cycle, the ovary releases an egg. At the same time, the inner lining of the uterus thickens and gets ready for fertilization. The cervical mucus thins and helps sperm reach the egg.
If the egg doesn't fertilize, the egg gets absorbed by the body and the inner lining of the uterus sheds. This results in bleeding and a menstrual cycle.
Best Time To Conceive
Once you have used the ovulation day calculator and know your fertile window and ovulation day, you are ready to start planning for the baby. According to the ovulation calculator, the best time to conceive and get pregnant is having sex three days before the egg releases. Repeating it daily till the ovulation date can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Ovulation, conception, and pregnancy are all natural processes. Tools like an ovulation calculator can help you, but if you take too much stress and get anxious about the conception, it will not help you. So, relax, use kits or an ovulation calculator, and the good news is just around the corner.
And if you have already conceived, and are doing your happy dance already, this article about the Due Date Calculator would help you know when to expect your little bundle of joy!
Common Questions Parents Ask
Q1 – My regular menstrual cycle is 30 – 32 days long. When is the best time to try to conceive a baby?
According to the ovulation calculator, you are most likely to ovulate on day 15 or 16 from day 1 of your last period. So, it would help if you started trying from day 12 of your previous cycle date.
Q2 – I used the ovulation calculator and followed all the tips. What next?
Take a pregnancy test after 4 – 5 weeks and confirm if you are pregnant yet or not. You will also start experiencing some symptoms if you have conceived a baby. Read about those symptoms in our article about First Trimester of Pregnancy HERE.
Q3 How do ovulation kits work?
The ovulation calculator is just a rough estimate but does not medically confirm if you are ovulating or not. Ovulation kits are the best way to do that. 24 – 36 hours before ovulation, our body releases luteinizing hormone (LH). Ovulation strips will confirm the presence of LH in your body.