Blankets for Babies – How to Choose and Use!
Watching your little baby sleep comfortably and with a smile is one of the greatest pleasures and joys as a parent. We try and ensure nothing interrupts the little one’s precious sleep - Choosing comfortable clothes, the bed on which they sleep, or even the temperature of the room they sleep in!
Baby blankets are one of those essential factors that contribute to the comfort and a good night’s sleep for your baby. Therefore, choosing one carefully automatically becomes important. But first, let us understand what blankets in a baby’s world look like!
What are Baby Blankets?
Infant blankets or baby blankets, unlike blankets for grown-ups, do not serve the sole purpose of keeping them warm. Blankets for babies also act as a comforter for them. The snug feeling while inside the womb - a blanket should imitate and replicate the same sense of comfort & warmth as inside the womb.
You can get a baby blanket online easily and with a choice of multiple fabrics and prints to choose from. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when it comes to the material and thickness to ensure the blanket you choose is super soft and comfortable for your tiny tot, not just cute baby blankets.
But there are a few things one needs to keep in mind when it comes to the material and thickness to ensure that the blankets are super soft and comfortable for your little one and are not just any cute baby blankets.
Different Uses of a Baby Blanket
- Diaper Changing Mat – You do not need to invest in a diaper changing mat separately. A soft, washable, and comfortable blanket can also be used as a diaper changing mat.
- Breastfeeding Mat – Many parents give diaper-free time to kids while breastfeeding, as after the feed many kids pee/poop and need a diaper change. A soft and light blanket can be used as a breastfeeding mat. This ensures that if the baby pees/poops while feeding, it doesn't create a mess on the bed, sofa, or wherever the child is feeding.
- Play Mat – Babies need playtime to develop their sensory skills, recognize and get familiarized with things around them, and explore their surroundings. A blanket that is generous in size is a great multipurpose item that can also be used as a play mat for kids.
- Tummy Time Mat – The first few months of their lives, babies are bothered by colic pains. Giving them tummy time on a soft mat helps relieve the gas and tummy pain caused by colic. Tummy time also helps babies learn skills like holding and strengthening their neck, and learning to roll from tummy to back. A comfortable mat on a flat surface, like a baby blanket, is perfect for tummy time.
- Sleep Comforter – When the babies sleep on their own in a crib or bassinet, they might miss the comfort of having someone around. They feel comforted by hugging a soft toy or a soft cloth held in their hand. However, soft toys might have a hazard of the fibre filling coming out and entering their mouth or nose. Thus a blanket made of soft material like Mulmul or cotton and safe, toxic-free dyes can serve the purpose too.
How to Select the Right Baby Blanket
Although the online and local markets are flooded with choices for baby products, choosing the best for your baby is always your priority. Muslin blankets or cotton baby blankets are the most popular ones that you and your little one will love!
A perfect baby blanket for your bundle of joy must have the following features –
- Multiple layers that keep your baby comfortable and cosy
- Materials such as light and breathable Mulmul or 100% pure Cotton
- Reversible, as kids can make a mess in no time, and you might not have the bandwidth to take another one out immediately
- Generously sized so that you do not have to keep upgrading every few months
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Without any polyester, poly film, or any harsh material filling
The good news is, you can have all of this and much more with SuperBottoms Dohar Style Baby Blankets available at – https://www.superbottoms.com/collections/baby-blankets.
This 3-layered, dohar-style blanket has not only the top and bottom layer made of comfortable, breathable, 100% cotton... but even the inner layer is 100% cotton flannel – which makes it highly breathable; unlike the polyfilm/silicone-filled variants that trap heat and can cause discomfort.
Generously sized and durable, SuperBottoms Baby Blanket will be your baby's comfort companion at every stage – as a baby, a toddler, a preschooler, and beyond! This versatile blanket can also be used as a stroller blanket for walks, as a cover during feeding, a bedspread for babies, and many more creative uses.
Get yours TODAY here