Must-Have Newborn Baby Essentials & Products
Preparing for the arrival of your newborn can be the most fulfilling thing to do during the last phase of your pregnancy days. However, once the due date is near, there are several newborn essentials that you have to collect beforehand because the first three months are very tedious as the baby is also tiny. In addition, the mother is also in the recovery phase. Therefore, it becomes a challenge for every mother. Having things handy comes as a blessing for new parents and makes life easier. However, there are several baby things that you can forget. This article will talk about all the essentials you would need as a new parent for your baby and cover baby things needed for baby diapering, baby bath, baby health, baby feeding, baby clothes, baby sleeping, and baby safety.
Baby Diapering Checklist
Diapering is a blessing for a new mother as a baby pees and poops numerous times a day. Among the list of baby essentials, diapers are one of the essential baby things which should be procured and stashed in advance. Parents nowadays prefer cloth diapers for diapering as they are made of cloth and are toxin and harmful chemical-free. Cloth diapers should be stocked according to the baby's needs, as a newborn needs several diaper changes and different types of cloth diapers for various daily needs. You would need not just cloth diapers but a combination of padded underwear, newborn nappies and UNOs for different times of the day. With diapers, you would need changing mats, nappy liners, wet wipes and a detergent that is suitable for and meant explicitly for cloth diapers.
Baby Bath Checklist
Doctors recommend the first bath of the newborn to be a sponge bath. Until the umbilical stump falls off, avoiding massaging the baby or soap on the body while bathing is advised. Once within a few days, the stump falls off, and you can start giving a bath to your baby. You must remember a few things while bathing a newborn baby. Read our detailed article on Basics Of Bathing A Newborn Baby
For bathing, you would need products from these baby products list.
- Chemical-free shampoo
- Chemical-free body wash
- Chemical-free moisturizer
- Soft towel
- Wash clothes
- Hand shower
Baby Health Checklist
One of the most critical newborn essentials lists is health-related baby things. Therefore, it is vital to keep a check on these things. These things from the newborn essentials list should always be handy at home and in the car when you are out with the baby.
- Baby thermometer: always keep a thermometer near the bed.
- Essential medicines: fever drops, cough drops, colic drops, and nasal aspirators should always be in the baby things. Always keep an eye on the expiry date before giving it to the baby.
- Bulb syringe: it helps clear the mucus of the baby's nose.
- Nail clipper: baby nails grow very fast. They should be trimmed as they grow. Usually, babies scratch themselves with their nails while crying.
- Baby hairbrush: soft hair brush helps in cradling crap.
Baby Feeding Checklist
One of the most important newborn essentials lists includes feeding things. Feeding a baby can be a challenging part for a new parent. So, making these baby things is there to make the process easier and less tiring.
In case you are not breastfeeding, you would need the following too(h3)
- Feeding bottles
- Formula warmer
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle liquid and bottle brush
In case you are a working mother, or you are looking to store breast milk, you will need the following
- Electric breast pump
- Milk storage bags
- Ice gel packs
Baby Clothes Checklist
The baby clothes and apparel are the most exciting checklist for a new mother. Knowing what types of clothes should be bought for a newborn is essential. Make sure you don't shop a lot for newborn sizes as they grow very fast; there are various points that you have to keep in mind while shopping for new baby things. Consider buying the following.
- Swaddle blanket
- Footies and mittens and caps
- Inner soft one piece
- Sleeping suits
- Leg warmers,
- Soft woollen front open cardigans and jackets
- Diaper covers
- Some occasional special clothes
Baby Sleeping Checklist
It is imperative to discuss the sleeping checklist for newborn babies. If you want your baby to co-sleep, make sure the new mattress is comfortable for the new one. In addition, you must provide comfortable bedding so he can enjoy the stretch of sleep. Check the below list for newborn sleeping stuff.
- Soft bedding/head pillow
- Cot bumper so that baby doesn't get hurt with cot sides
- Wearable blankets
- Cot toys
- Waterproof sheets so that the mattress won't get messy in case of a leakage episode.
- Baby monitor in case you are not in the baby's room
- Soft nightdresses are preferable pieces.
Baby Safety Checklist
A baby safety checklist is one of the most important things to consider once the baby starts crawling and moving down the bed. This is the stage when you have to be more alert and have to keep an eye on the baby all the time. Look at the baby things you need to check for safety.
- Bed rail so that newborns don't fall when baby is alone on the bed
- The first aid kit should have a few antiseptic creams, a thermometer, and a few medicines for fever, cold, and colic prescribed by the doctor.
- Safety gates if you have stairs
- Electric points cover
- Sharp edges cover tables, corners, etc
- Drawers’ latches
It is essential to assemble newborn babies' things to make the process easier for the mother. Collecting baby things can be exhausting but, at the same time, exciting also. But the above list will help you determine the stuff you need and will be very helpful in the motherhood journey. So be prepared with the things before the baby's arrival.