12-Month Baby Food Chart
Your little munchkin is 1 year old and has graduated to a toddler now; congratulations! The past 1 year was filled with several developmental milestones, be it your baby’s first crawl, first steps, first words, and so on, each of which holds a special memory for you. With the coming year already kicking in, you would have noticed your little one is active more than ever. They are crawling, playing, strolling, probably walking and so on. Of course, your energetic little one needs the right amount of nutrition which is an essential factor affecting the growth and development of your child. So if your child is a fussy eater, or you are confused about what to feed your little one, this article is just for you! We have compiled a 12-month baby food chart highlighting important foods and easy recipes you can make for your little one!
List of 12-Month Baby Food
The 12-month baby food chart can comprise the following foods, which can form a part of their regular diet -
- ▪ Cereals
A bowl of cereals is a classic breakfast for your little one. Cereals like corn flakes softened with milk are easy to chew and digest. Try giving your child whole grain cereals as much as possible.
- ▪ Cucumber
Cucumbers serve as a rejuvenating snack at any time of the day. You can cut the cucumbers lengthwise, making them “cucumber sticks” shaped like french fries, and service it on those hot summer days to prevent your child from dehydrating.
- ▪ Dal
Dal is a rich source of protein which aids in muscle development. Dal is a staple food in every Indian household, eaten with rice and roti (flat bread).
- ▪ Vegetable Soup
A warm bowl of vegetable soup can never go wrong. It is one of the best items in your 12-month baby food chart as it contains the goodness of all vegetables and is easy to feed too.
- ▪ Soya
Soya chunks are a great standard substitute source of protein for pure vegetarians. In addition, its soft texture after being cooked makes it an ideal item in the 12-month baby food chart.
- ▪ Chicken
Organic or certified chicken is free of hormonal treatments, so it is recommended to buy them to feed your little one. You can overcook the chicken to make it softer, which is ideal for your toddler. Avoid marinating the chicken with spicy flavours, tear the cooked meat into tiny beats, and do not forget to remove the bones before you feed your toddler.
Sample 12-Month Baby Food Chart
We curated a 12-month baby food chart with different food items you can give your toddler throughout the day. You can use the below \chart for your ready reference -
Day 1 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Vegetable Upma
Mid-Morning: Half boiled egg, and half banana
Lunch: Oats Idli
Evening: Apple Milkshake
Dinner: Suji Porridge
Day 2 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Besan Chilla
Mid-Morning: Vegetable Soup with Cream
Lunch: Masala Pongal
Evening Snack: Paneer Dates Ladoo
Dinner: Bread Upma
Day 3 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Sprouted Moong dal chilla with chutney
Mid-Morning: Half omelette and a few orange silvers
Lunch: Curd Rice
Evening: Mini idli and sambhar
Dinner: Ragi Dosa
Day 4 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Carrot Paratha
Mid-Morning: Cucumber Sticks
Lunch: Sambhar Rice
Evening: Multi-grain chilla
Dinner: Paneer Paratha
Day 5 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Mid-Morning: Vegetable soup with cream
Lunch: Plain Khichri with Vegetable Raita
Evening: Spinach Potato
Dinner: Barley Porridge
Day 6 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Apple Kheer
Lunch: Lemon Rice with Coconut Chutney
Evening: Fruit Custard
Dinner: Sweet Corn Soup
Day 7 - 12-Month Baby Food Chart
Breakfast: Suji with Green Pea Upma
Mid-Morning: Carrot Smoothie
Lunch: Roti, dal, and vegetable of your choice
Evening Snack: Fruit Yogurt
Easy 12-Month Baby Food Recipes
Here are some tasty, flavourful and super easy 12-month baby food recipes for your reference -
Fried Apple Rings
What you Need -
- ▪ Apple - 1
- ▪ Four - 1/4th cup
- ▪ Sugar - ½ teaspoon
- ▪ Cinnamon - Pinch
- ▪ Beaten egg - ½
- ▪ Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
- ▪ A pinch of salt
Method of Preparation
- ▪ Mix flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- ▪ In another bowl, mix egg and buttermilk.
- ▪ Slice an apple into 1/4 inch thick slices and discard the core.
- ▪ Mix the 2 bowls, dip the apple rings in them, and deep fry them.
- ▪ Serve warm
What you Need -
- ▪ Whole wheat dough
- ▪ Besan - 2 tbsp
- ▪ Chopped onion - 1/2
- ▪ Salt to taste
- ▪ Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- ▪ Chopped coriander - 1 tbsp
- ▪ Garam masala - 1 tsp
- ▪ Carrom seeds - 1 tsp
- ▪ Oil - 3-4 tsp
Method of Preparation
- ▪ Mix the besan, onion, coriander powder, chopped coriander, carom seeds, and garam masala in a bowl.
- ▪ Knead the above mixture into a soft dough with a bit of oil.
- ▪ Use the wheat dough to make a chapatti and the besan dough to fill.
- ▪ Cook the paratha on a tawa with a bit of ghee.
- ▪ Serve it warm and with butter or curd.
Feeding Tips for 12-Month-Old Baby
Here are some relevant and practical feeding tips for a 12-month-old baby-
- ▪ While choosing homemade food recipes for your 1-year-olds, do not hesitate to try different varieties. Doctors believe that offering the same food to your toddler can lead them to become fussy eaters.
- ▪ While introducing new varieties of food to your little ones, do it in small quantities to ensure they are not allergic to it.
- ▪ If you are yet to introduce your baby to solid foods, do not jump to it immediately; move from softer textures to semi-solid foods.
- ▪ Avoid force-feeding your child. It may happen that they are not hungry or just not enjoying a particular food.
If your 1-year-old toddler may be a picky eater, try to offer them food in different shapes and make it appealing. Also, when introducing new solid foods to babies, do it in small quantities to ensure they are not allergic to them. We hope our article on the 12-month baby food chart has been insightful.