Review – Why I chose Superbottoms Cloth Diapers for my baby
by Dimple Amesar | Jun 15, 2017 | Cloth Diaper
When I became a mother, the one thing that bothered me the most was spending sleepless nights changing the Cloth Nappies. I would set an alarm of every hour to get up and check if my new born has peed or pooped. He has been a super heavy wetter right from Day 7. I would forever look tired changing him because my family won’t allow me to use Disposables for obvious reasons.
A lot of us are aware that disposable diapers have chemicals in them that causes rashes on the delicate skin of babies. These chemicals that convert pee into gel are not magic gel crystals but toxic agents. There is really no magic in them that is claimed by the TV commercials. Also a very few of us know that every disposable diaper that we throw in the bin stays on the landfills for years together. Well at least for 250-500 years. Shocking and disappointing; isn’t it? Disposable Diapers and Sanitary napkins contribute majorly to the landfills. I of course as a new first time mother had no idea about this. Frankly speaking, I was too ignorant or rather too busy to understand motherhood. In fact, the concept of Cloth Diapering was not even known to me.
It is extremely unfortunate that there is no awareness on Cloth Diapers among new parents. So when I was introduced to Cloth Diapers, I found it hard to digest that something made of cloth is so absorbent in nature and at the same time keeps my baby’s bottoms dry.
I had conveniently started using disposable diapers against all odds when my baby was one month old, knowing not what I am doing to my baby and to the environment. At the same time, I kept using disposable sanitary napkins when I was menstruating. One fine day I got horrible rashes using the sanitary napkins. This turned out to be an eye opener. I read more and found out that the contents of sanitary napkins and disposable cloth diapers are the same. If I can get rashes using them for just a week, how would my baby feel being under plastic day in and day out. I immediately picked up my smartphone and started researching for alternatives. I bumped into various cloth diaper brands across amazon and first cry. Some were so inexpensive that I could not understand the quality of brands. The reviews of users did not convince me in buying them. On the other hand, some brands were so expensive that I did not find them pocket friendly. Some cloth diaper brands like Thirsties, Grovia did grab my attention but the price discouraged me from buying them.
I then came across this beautiful brand called Superbottoms. Its mesmerising prints immediately grabbed my attention. I ordered a couple of them and had a chat on whatsapp with the mompreneur and she made me understand the entire concept and also introduced me to the basic concept of cloth diapering. She handled the worries of a new mother patiently. Since then, there has been no looking back. It has been 9 months of using cloth diapers from superbottoms and its performance still amazes me. Each morning, we wake up with happy, leak free, dry and rash free bottoms.
So how does this really work? What are cloth diapers and what makes cloth diapers better alternative that disposable diapers?
A lot of my fellow moms ask me these questions.
Cloth Diapers or Moderns Cloth Diapers are the new age diapering systems that provide all the benefits of disposable diapers.
- An outer water-resistant shell
- A soaker (pad) that absorbs pee
- A dry feel layer on top
A cloth diaper consist of 3 parts:
Key features of cloth diapers:
- Water resistant: the outer shell of the diaper is water resistant. It won’t leak unless the soaker has no more place to absorb any more pee. Even if it leaks, the baby will not feel wetness due to the suede layer on top
- Suede layer: this layer provides a dry feel to baby’s bottoms even when it is peed on.
- Washable and Reusable: these diapers are 100% washable and reusable. Each diaper and soaker is durable enough to last 300+ washes. I have a lot from my very first order and it works absolutely amazing.
- Economical: the money spent on Cloth Diapers is a one-time investment. I remember spending 4000 a month on baby diapers. This has been eliminated since the time I invested in Cloth Diapers.
- Non-Toxic: this is my most favourite feature. Cloth Diapers are made of cloth and does not have any chemicals unlike disposable diapers.
- Longer Absorbency: Superbottoms Plus has been my all night saviour. It lasts for 10+ hours on my heavy wetting baby.
- Hold poop explosion: In my entire one year of motherhood, I have faced various poop blow outs when using disposable diapers. Cloth Diapers hold poop generously and it has saved my efforts of cleaning everything after a poopy baby.
- Easy Washing: Washing them is as easy as washing other clothes. If pooped, I rinse the poop with a jet spray and store the soiled diapers in a wetbag until it’s time for laundry. I then wash it in the washing machine along with other clothes.
- Indian Brand: When I decided to start Cloth Diapering, I was keen on supporting Indian Brands. Superbottoms being an Indian Brand fulfilled this expectation of mine too. So if you are looking to buy Cloth Diapers in India, don’t miss to check their site. A lot of my friends residing in US have also ordered from them. They are happy that Superbottoms deliver across the globe and maintains the International quality standards at such affordable price.
- Environment Friendly: this is my next most favourite feature. I love being environment friendly. I love that I am doing my bit to save Mother Earth
I am busy loving my baby and saving Mother Earth; Are you?